1. When is race day? Saturday, March 21, 2020
2. Where does race start & finish? Both the start & finish lines are in Alton Riverfront Park near the amphitheater.
3. What is the start time for the race(s)? The half marathon starts at 8:00am & the 5K starts at 8:10am
4. What are the highlights along the route? Scenic views of the mighty Mississippi river & historic areas of Alton & for the half marathoners crossing the spectacular Clark Bridge.
5. What is the entry deadline? We offer onsite registration on race day from 6:00am to race start time of 8:00am. Online registration closes on Friday, March 20, 2020 at midnight.
6. How is timing done? We offer chip timing through Big River Running.
7. Is the course certified? Yes. USA Track & Field Certification code IL-12024-JW.
8. Do you offer prizes &/or medals? The top 3 overall winners for both men & women in the half marathon receive a cash prize. The overall winners for both men & women in the 5K receive a cash prize. Place medals are awarded to top 3 in each age group for both men & women in the half marathon. All half marathon finishers receive a medal.
9. How are awards distributed – by “gun time” or by “chip time”? Chip time
10. Where & what time is the awards ceremony? Onsite near the finish line. 5K at approximately 9:00am & half marathon at approximately 10:45am.
11. When & where is packet pick up? Packet pick up will be held on Friday, 3/20, from 4:00-7:00pm at Best Western Premier, 3559 College Ave, Alton, and Saturday, 3/21, onsite beginning at 6:00am until race start time of 8:00am.
12. Can someone else pick up my race packet? Yes, just make sure they bring a confirmation letter from you with a copy of your driver’s license.
13. Can I get a refund or transfer my bib to someone else? There are absolutely NO refunds. Transfers are allowable if done no later than Friday, March 20, 2020, in person at packet pickup. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00pm Friday, March 20, 2020. Shirt size will not be guaranteed.
14. Do you have a cut off time limit? Yes. The course will close no later than 11:45am.
15. Are walkers welcome? Yes, but they will need to keep a 16:00min/mile pace or less. They must be off the course no later than 11:45am.
16. Where do I park on race day? Parking is available in Riverfront Park near Argosy Casino or on Broadway & surrounding streets. A pedestrian walkway is accessible from Broadway into the park.
17. Will there be porta-johns on the course? Yes, at each water stop.
18. How many water stops will there be & what will be offered at these stops? 4 water stops with water & Gatorade at each. Please note that 1 station will be self-serve.
19. Where are the water stops? The approximate mile locations are 3, 7, 9 & 12.
20. What is the typical weather on race day? Being that it is March, it has been both cold (start & finish temp. in high 20’s) & warm (start temp. high 30’s & finish temp. low 60’s). No matter what the temperature, do plan for wind.